Here is a detailed list of all my recording and live projects.
THE WIZARDS OF DELIGHT 2011-Present
An online collaboration between myself and vocalist Mazzereth (Groan, Battlewitch)
- An album was recorded between August 2011 and August 2012 on which I performed all instruments and provided vocal arrangements
- Songs from the album have already featured in Classic Rock Magazine (Future Publishing), Pyschorizon(Germany) and an interview has appeared in Happening Blog (Shindig Magazine)
- The album has already received interest within the hard rock music industry and is anticipated to be released in 2014
The live ensemble of The Wizards of Delight is anticipated to be performing at festivals in 2014
- Recording projects have so far included a Christmas-themed tune “Mustard With Your Turkey”, which has appeared on the Madvent Chokalendar for December 2011 (on the 19th December)
- Live appearances have included the Bristol Harbour Festival (July 2011), The Grain Barge (Bristol – July2011/Jan 2012/May 2013), The Full Moon (Cardiff – throughout 2013), The Ropemakers (Dorset – October 2012), The Crown & Sceptre (Stroud – Sept 2012) The Cube Cinema (Bristol – Feb 2012), the Marlens Festival, Clevedon (Sept 2011, Sept 2012) and the LLAMA Festival (Lynton and Lynmouth Arts and Music Festival – June 2012)
Their plans for 2014 include releasing a series of theme-related EPs throughout the year.
RARG 2002 – Present
Under the professional name RARG, I have released an album (RARG.1) of avant-garde electronica. There are currently more than seven albums’ worth of material in my archive, ranging in genre from abstract electronica soundscapes, to ambient, to lounge and big beat
- 2005 – As well as being featured regularly,I had an hour-long programme devoted to my music on Brighton’s totallyradio.com, hosted by Darius Akashic.
- In 2007 & 2009 I had music featured on a CD accompanying ATTACK!!! Magazine
- Live performances: in 2008 include headlining at the first ATTACK!!! Live event at Café Oto in Shoreditch, London, and performing at The Croft and The Junction in Bristol
- In June 2010, I collaborated with ROSE KEMP on a cover of Cardiacs’ “Wind & Rains is Cold” for inclusion on an acclaimed Cardiacs tribute CD, which has received coverage in Q Magazine and The Guardian. The track went on to receive airplay on BBC Radio
- Feburary 2011 – “Bendy”, a tune recorded in 2010 receives airplay on BBC Radio
I have featured many times on the Madvent Chokalendar, an annual ‘Advent Calendar’ website where each date in December features a new track by a variety of Bristol artists.
SMOKEHAND was a four piece band, based in Cardiff.
- 1999 – Song “Dancing with Strangers” featured on FF Vinyl compilation album, “Sold As Scene”
- 2000 – Smokehand appear as part of the Radio One Music Festival in Cardiff
- 2001 – Smokehand appear as part of Radio Two Live in Cardiff
- Album “The Last Train” released in 2005
- Short tour of Wales & the West Country, October 2005
- 2009/10 – Recording new album with Tim Lewis (Oasis, Nigel Kennedy, The Verve)
I played keyboards/backing vocals and provided string arrangements as well as making strong contributions to songwriting and album production.
- Subsequent to the release of ‘The Last Train’, Smokehand toured and gigged extensively, selling out all available copies of the album and receiving excellent reviews. Smokehand developed a loyal fanbase around Cardiff and the South West.
- 2006 – Smokehand record 4-song session for BBC Radio Wales’ Adam Walton Show.
- 2007 – Smokehand record video for ITV Wales’ ‘Unsigned’ programme, featuring videos made for unsigned bands. Two songs, ‘Cry’ and ‘Alone in the City’ are filmed.
- 2007 – Smokehand contribute the song “Interesting People” to the soundtrack of “Expiry Date”, a low-budget horror film. The premier of the film was held at Chapter Arts Centre in Cardiff
In 2009/10, SMOKEHAND recorded a new album with celebrated engineer and producer Tim Lewis (Liz Fraser, Nigel Kennedy) but broke up amicably in 2011 due to work commitments and the relocation of band members.
ROSE KEMP 2007 – 2009
- Member of ROSE KEMP’s recording and live ensemble. I play a variety of keyboards, including analogue synthesizers, Hammond Organ and piano.
- In 2008, I played all keyboards on Rose Kemp’s album “UNHOLY MAJESTY”, produced by CHRIS SHELDON (Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro), recorded in State of Art Studios in Bristol, and released on ONE LITTLE INDIAN records.
- Live Performances, including an appearance at the Berg-Herzberg festival in Germany, for a headline performance in July 2009
I appear on Bristol-based songwriter SJ ESAU’s album, “SMALL VESSEL”, released on ANTICON RECORDS
- I play drums on the track “Under Certain Things”, which is released as a single.
- 2004 – I contributed a remix to a compilation CD, “Stop Touching My Cat” by SJ ESAU.
2008 – As RARG, I contributed another remix for SJ ESAU, this time on a compilation album, “More Touching” released by ANTICON RECORDS
I provided backing vocals for avant-garde composer THIGHPAULSANDRA‘s second album, ‘DOUBLE VULGAR’.
I recorded 2 solo mini-albums under the name DJANGO. A total of twenty songs with all instruments and vocals performed by myself, with the exception of trumpet and string quartet.
I have appeared live and on recordings by (amongst others):
Team Brick (Portishead/Invada Records), Helen Sadler, The Rainbirds, Phil Lewis, Constrinzi, LOXODONTA , Trailer Park, Boxcar Aldous Huxley, Christopher Rees, Bacchus, The James Harris Quartet, Rocket Goldstar, G.Z. Williams, Scuba, Whirl, Django, The Steam Company, Jazz News, Blue Train, Soul Sacrifice, Anne-Louise Soomre, Junior Hacksaw/Pete Mathison, Innes Sibun
ORCHESTRAL & SPECIAL COMMISSIONS
- I was commissioned to write a wedding march for the wedding of theatre director, Phil John
- I have had pieces performed by Stanwell Comprehensive School Jazz Ensemble, South Gloucestershire Youth Orchestra and the Allegri String Quartet.
An example of my orchestral work can be found here (recorded live & performed by the South Gloucestershire Youth Orchestra):
IF YOU WOULD LIKE ANY FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT ME: firstname.lastname@example.org